Worm your way into fecal talks with veterinary clients
People need to hear information multiple times before they understand your message and buy in. Here are nine ways to ensure your clients appreciate the importance of fecal exams:
1. Offer face-to-face education from each team member and veterinarian your client encounters.
2. Create an eye-catching bulletin board and display it prominently in a public area of your practice.3. Hand out written educational materials to each client.
4. Play educational programs on a television in the waiting area.
5. Decorate the walls of your exam rooms with graphic illustrations of parasites.
6. Post brief Twitter or Facebook updates with stats on how many positive test results your practice has seen in the last month.
7. Post articles about intestinal parasites on your practice's website.
8. Send an email to clients about the dangers of intestinal parasites.
9. Send an annual reminder for fecal testing, along with reminders for wellness exams and vaccines.