What's in your evacuation box?
According to the IRS, your evacuation box should include copies of these items:
- your last four personal and business tax returns
- the final escrow for your home purchase
- important papers, such as birth certificates, immunization records for children, and Social Security cards
- driver's licenses and car titles and registrations
- current prescription medication lists
- negatives of important family photos
- photos and videos of the inside and outside of your house
- insurance policies
- important phone numbers of family and friends
- an electronic copy of your business files
- a list of investments, bank accounts, credit card numbers, and other accounts.