A a recent staff meeting, our team brainstormed these ways to wow clients:
Our ideas included:
- Open the front door for clients.
- Offer coffee in the morning.
- Use the pet owner's first name in conversation.
- Avoid asking, "Who's this?" Instead know who should be arriving next and say, "This must be Patches."
- Send postcards to clients we haven't seen in months.
- Be super-informative. Offer most clients some sort of brochure.
- Know kids' names.
- Offer treats to kids.
- Don't forget to say thank you to everyone.
- Carry pet food to clients' cars.
I put them in a glass fish bowl, and every Monday we all pick a card and do what the card says the entire week. My hope is
that by doing it the entire week, the things that make us special and wow our clients will become routine, and we will wow
every client, every time.
—Kim Fish, practice manager
Seville Animal Hospital