• Adopt this auto-response when difficulties arise: "What are some solutions to this problem?" This simple switch in thinking
will help prevent you from burning out.
• Engage in positive self-talk about the good aspects of your job.
• When you can spare five minutes, go to the break room, head out back, or shut yourself in the bathroom. A deep breath and
a timeout can rejuvenate the spirit.
• Let it go. You don't need to make a big deal out of every irritation.
• Leave work at work. When you get home, do something you love. Enjoy a cup of coffee, go for a bike ride, or take your kids—furry
or otherwise—to the park.