Welcome to the Firstline Challenge! We're glad you're joining us. This is a program designed to help you develop and grow in your veterinary career—and possibly win an iPod Touch!
Starting in October and ending in January, each month we'll offer you a straightforward plan for improving yourself and your practice in a specific area. The resources are both entertaining and educational, and the activities are fun and functional. But the whole process will take a little effort—it's called a challenge, after all. Complete the challenge alone or, better yet, along with your team members. Whatever you do, get started. Here's how:
1. Click on the topic of the month and complete the related activities.
• October: Team building—eliminating "us vs. them"
• November: Patient care—identifying postoperative pain
• December: Professional growth—earn the respect you deserve
• January: Client relations—top 5 client questions—answered
2. To enter to win an iPod Touch, blog about how you improved in any of the four challenge areas—team building, patient care, professional growth, and client relations. Here are the basic rules:
• Join the dvm360.com community. (For a tutorial about how to join, click here.)
• Post a blog with a title that begins with "Firstline Challenge." Be sure to select the category "Firstline Challenge." (For a tutorial about posting a blog, click here.)
• Your blog should discuss the problem you hoped to improve, what you did to make it better, and how the changes affected you and your practice.
• Write between 300 and 800 words.
• Post as many blogs as you'd like.
• Note: You are not required to complete the steps listed under the topic of the month to enter.
(Click here for complete contest rules.)