You wouldn't let a pet walk out the door without a tag would you? So don't let clients walk out the door without a pet identification card. Pet ID cards are a convenient way to carry the crucial information clients—and practices—need in emergency situations. Because when a pet is missing, its microchip number isn't going to be the easiest thing for a client to instantly recall. Plus, pet IDs are a great tool to help bond clients to your practice.
What a pet ID card should include:
- A photo of the pet with his or her name. Photos can make a huge difference in finding lost pets so, if possible, offer to take and print a photo of the pet for the client to adhere to the card.
- Any identifying information of the pet, such as unusual markings, special needs, medications, etc.
- The pet's microchip number if applicable.
- The client's name and phone number.
- The clinic's contact information: address, phone number, and hours.
To download a customizable pet ID card to give your clients, click on the image below.