Clients just might feel spoiled with the attention they receive during Client Appreciation Week at VCA University Veterinary
Clinic in Fairfax, Va. Denise Shifflett, head customer service representative and event planner, created the celebration during
the second week of May to recognize the practice's outstanding clients. She plans treats or games with prizes for each day
of the week:
- Spin and Win Saturday and Monday: Clients spin a gaming wheel and win a prize, such as a toy, a nail trim, or a discount for a visit or food.
- Ticket Tuesday: Clients fill out a ticket for a drawing to win a prize, such as a complimentary microchip and implant procedure.
- Game Wednesday: Clients bob for apples or play pin the tail on a photo of a tailless pet, such as a Manx or Pembroke Welsh corgi.
- Sweet Tooth Thursday: The practice provides sweets such as cookies and chocolate for clients.
- Happy Hour Friday: Team members distribute canned non-alcoholic beverages.
In addition, each team member selects a client from the practice's 100 top-spending clients to join the team for a free lunch.
"We just try to go above and beyond what we always do for our clients," Shifflett says. "This will be the fourth year we've
celebrated, and many activities have become popular. Our clients enjoy being spoiled."