You’ve probably seen it all—from pet food that’s never seen the inside of a can to home-cooked diets. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are some pretty wacky food products available to man’s best friend.
Here’s a look at some of the strange and strangely delicious sounding food that’s available for pets, according to Fox News.
- Cake in a jar. Blissful Biscuits offers a full line of homemade, all-vegetarian dog treats. The most outrageous item is a ready-to-eat, apple-flavored cake baked especially for dogs that comes vacuum-sealed in a jar.
- Elegant Medleys Wild Salmon and Egg Soufflé with Garden Greens. The folks at Fancy Feast know cats love fish and pet owners love giving their pets high-quality food. But egg soufflé and garden greens? It’s hard to imagine those items holding up well in a can.
- Cannoli. Annie’s Pooch Pops makes these for the canine with a love for Italian pastries. They are also available in peanut butter cannolis, complete with mini carob chips instead of chocolate chips, so they’re safe for dogs to eat.
- Doggie cupcakes. The popular and ever-expanding Sprinkles Cupcakes chain offers doggie cupcakes, which are sugar-free cakes topped with a yogurt “frosting.”
- Ice cream scoops. Chewy’s Rawhide Shoppe sells a variety of dessert treats for dogs, such as ice cream scoops. They come complete with “sprinkles” in a savory chicken flavor.
- French fries. Annie’s Pooch Pops strikes again with French fries, bacon cheeseburger treats (available in regular and slider size), and hot dog treats for, well, hot dogs.