10 common bad boss behaviors
No matter the shape or size of your practice, odds are you share boss-related annoyances with other team members. Here are 10 top grievances.
Team members at veterinary practices everywhere work with managers who occasionally:
- Get impatient with team members and clients.
- Exhibit a demanding demeanor.
- Expect things to be done almost before they ask.
- Talk to you about what other team members did wrong or need to do differently.
- Request that team members do personal favors.
- Want team members to take sides during squabbles or differences in opinion.
- Ask team members to lie to clients and colleagues for them.
- Deny that there are problems in the practice.
- Play the blame game by saying that high team turnover is due to the poor pool of applicants, for instance.
- Don't take action and allow small problems to snowball into avalanches.